Thursday 5 November 2015

Treatment for music video


Music video treatment


For my final project for my A Level media studies I will be creating a music video to go along with an existing song. I will be in a group with two other people within my class. I will be using the song Pumpin’ Blood by NoNoNo. I have chosen this song as it has the style of melody and lyrics that I am looking for when it comes to making the video.


The genre of my music video is alternative rock. This is the same genre as the song this is because this will be an ideal genre for me to replicate into a fitting music video.

The duration of my project is the whole school year. This means that I am able to design develop and produce my video over the duration of the school year. The duration of the music video will be 3.38 minutes from start to finish this is allowing me to use the whole song for the video and not miss out any features from it.

The main target audience from my music video 1ill be 16-25 year olds of both genders this is because this main style of music appeals to them the most. I think that my video will appeal to both male and females as it will have an even style throughout that is done constantly relating to one gender.

The outline of my project mainly includes the planning, development and the producing of my music video. The planning for my music video will take the longest as this is the most important part. This is the part that allows me to choose a song and helps me develop my music video knowledge and this will help me to understand who my target audience is and what they want. The development stage will allow me to find out how I can change the music or the video in any way that will make out what I want. I believe that the development stage means I can adapt the song to a style that I and the audience wants. The producing will allow my music video to come together this will be where I film the shots and put them together with the music to make the complete video. This will be difficult as I will have to make sure that the whole video flows together well with the music and none of the features are out of place.

I think that there will be two main characters that the video focuses on however there will be a lot of side and peripheral characters that will not be in the centre focus of the video. I think that there will be the two main characters and then there will be the ‘friends’ of them and they will feature within parts of the music video.

The lighting within the music video will be very different according to each shot. This is because different shots will be taken in different settings which will result in there being a different style throughout the video. Some of the shots will be bright and well-lit and this will be reflected in the relation to the lyrics and melody of the music video. Some of the shots will be filmed at night. For example if there were fireworks and this style of light will be used to create a specific style of lighting and setting.
 
There will be lots of different camera movements there will be shots showing up close images and videos of the actor’s faces and the expressions that they have on them. There will also be lots of wide angled shots showing the scenery and the place that the video is set in this will be done to create a setting for the video allowing the viewer to develop their own opinion and desired style of the video that they develop form it.
The editing with the video will be a continuous movement of lots of different shots showing the friendship and the video developing. This is a key feature as this is what the video is going to be based upon. There will be a smooth transition between each shot showing how one jumps to another shot of the actors doing someht9ing and the actions that they are placing. There will be some editing to the videos and photos this is because they will be changed and altered to allow them to look different and have a style that matches the desired genre of our music video. There will be similar if not the same filters and editing programs used on the music video this is because we want the style of the music video to flow smoothly.

The setting of the music video will be various different shot. These will be filmed in different locations this is important this is because it can show how the relationship between the two people and the friends is traveling. It is important to have different locations as this will allow people form various places to relate to the video.

The actors within my music video will mainly be friends and people in relationships. I think that this is key as this allows the viewer to have something to relate to. I believe that this is an important factor because by having people that you are able to relate to makes the video stand out more and appeal to more people as they know what is happening and how it can potentially affect them.
 
The prop used within the music video will be mainly be the actors and the setting. This is because by not including many props this allows thereto be a focus point within the video which is the people themselves. I think that if props were to be used it would mainly be things like umbrellas this is because of the wintery and more autumnal style that we are going form when creating our music video.

The costume style will be very basic and will consist of various different style of clothing. This is because of the different settings that it will be filmed in. there is an autumnal and winter style throughout the video with features of summer. These will consist of very different styles of clothing. This will be used to reflect the setting and the location that the video is going to be filmed in allowing the viewer to make their own judgement of what is going on and how the video comes together.

We will be using the song Pumpin Blood by NoNoNo this is because we believe that this song will be the best and most simple for use to create a video to. We think that by using the original song this will allow us to create a fitting video that will go well with the sound piece. This song is good for us to use because it has a very simple style and throughout there are features that will allow us to create a video style to match them. This is because will will be able to combine different shots that have different style meaning that for the more upbeat parts of the video we will be able to reflect this within the video and do the same for the more slow and instrumental parts of the song.

There will be not editing to the lyrics or the music of the video we will be using the original song. There will be no speaking from the actors used within the video. There may be short features within the music video where you may hear laughing form the actors allowing the viewer to hear and see these parts. By having visuals that link to the sound and music this will help to create our video and make it flow in order.

I think that this idea is the best for my music video this is because I will be able to recreate a video that will link with the lyrics and will flow smoothly. I think that with the style of music and genre of actors and filming I am going to use I believe that this will be the most ideal video for me to recreate. This is because I will be able to use my surrounding are and the style of town that I live in to my advantage this is because it will match with the basic style and genre that I am aiming for with my music video.

Phillip Phillips music video Gone Gone Gone will be the best video for me to receive inspiration from this is because within his video he uses lots of changing shots of different locations and time frames I think that this will be one of the main video s that I will use for inspiration. I will also use the style of Ed Sheerans video photograph this is because within his video he use lots of different shots showing how he has grown up and developed. I think that by using chronological shots this will allow me to create a video that moves along in time with the song and this will appeal to the viewer as they will feel like they are moving along with the song.

 

 

 





 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment